Isaiah 6:8
Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying
"Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" and I said "Here am I. Send me!"


Thursday, August 21, 2008

WOW!!! soo let me just start with...this has been the craziest 2 weeks of my life! Im sorry I havent posted but we dont have internet! I had to walk to a library. So where do I start to catch you up?!...Well lets see... The first day I arrived we went to bed at about 11:00, then was awaken abruptly at 4:00am with pots and pans, then there was alot of yelling and screaming to get ready I was kinds of out of it and didnt know what was going on. They pulled me out of bed and made me do push-ups for taking so long then we had march outside with whatever we had on at that point. Then the boys arrived ther were woken up by fireworks in there room! We had to learn marching formations first and once we got that down we did a rediculous amount of physical activities people were throwing up, dieing of thirst, or couldnt walk anymore. It was crazy! we were running, sprinting, lifting rocks as weights, flutter kicks, atleast 100 push-ups, a whole lot of sit ups, and jogging with really heavy rocks. After about 2 hours of that we got to eat 2 peices of bread and a apple for breakfast. At this point im thinking oh no! What have I gotten into! we got to shower up then had to meet at this lake and tie a rope in the air and hang upside down and pull our self across without falling in. We all had rope burns and horrible bruises from it. We then went to campus and ate sardeens with the scales and eyes still on them and condensed milk for lunch. doesnt that sound delicious! I dont really remeber the rest because it feels like a year ago. we get up so early and go to bes so late. every day we do the same physical training as we did on the first day...but everyday gets a little harder. We've been rock climbing, walked in underground sewer tunnels that were darker then I though anything could ever be. We werent aloud to use a flash light or evern talk we just had to feel the walls to get around. Then Scott started saying how what were doing is sharing the gospel so other may hear and live. He said if they dont know christ they will be in this forever darkness. To experience the darkness we were in close your eyes then cover them with you hands. Imagine that for 2 hours and could stop walking or couldnt talk. It was soo awesome though! We have also gone to campus at the seminary and helped people out. One thing about Fusion is you never stop going inless your sleeping for the few hours we get everynight! We also have guard duty which means we sit in the woods and watch for people to steal are flag. If they get it we get smoked! but thats 2 hours thats taken from the 4 hours we had to sleep. We also are working witha church thats all immigrants from the countrie we will be going to. None of them speak very well english and its soo awesome to be there because we go though these horrible hard things but when im at that church I realize these are the people im doing it for. They wouldnt be at that church, saved if it wasnt for missions and that makes everything we do worth it!! Seeing there love for God and we all pray togethet in diffrent languages and I dont have to know what there saying, I feel what there saying in how passionate they are. It really motivates you to see how God transformed these lives and uses us to do so! How awesome!! Lets see what else do I have to tell?...well we have been camping in the woods this past week and eaten road kill for meals! wever had to start are own fires and use the grass as a bathroom! my feet have been killing me because we dont sit down inless were sleeping. Thats it! Thats the only time! Sometime I feel like I cant make another step but the Lord is always there pulling me through! Last night we were all exahausted and they said "How about we watch a movie tonight!" We were soo excited! But of course theres a catch to it!! we get into Fondas apartment (Fusion founders assistant and organizes everything we do) so we get in and its 96 degrees!! were like whats going on! Then they set up a video camera, told us to get pen and paper and said that we have 4 movies to watch and we have to take notes and if we fall asleep we will get smoked! So at this point were realzing that we wont be done with these movies till 2:30am then have guard duty till 6:00am do basically we wont sleep tonight..and let me remind you we couldnt hold are heads up even at this point!! So they leave us in there and put on these 1960 sci fi movies! the most boring movies you could think of! Everyone was falling asleep across the floor! it was horrible!! but luckily after they said we didnt have guard duty and we could sleep at Fondas so we all passed out! this morning we had PT for a really long time and had to carry these 500 pound logs on are shoulders and thrown them, and do bench presses with them! It was horrible! but well Im about to go do another PT...Thanks everyone for there prayers!! I love you guys and miss everyone!!! Continue to pray for me tomorrow is supposed to be the hardest day yet!! God Bless!!

2 comments:

E Marshall said...

WOW is about all I can say too, Kelsey. Not many can do, voluntarily, what you and your team are doing. I am so very proud of you.
Love, G'ma

Casey said...

Way to hang in there! Remember what 2nd Cor 12 says- when we are weak, He is strong! Praying for you!