Isaiah 6:8
Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying
"Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" and I said "Here am I. Send me!"


Sunday, September 21, 2008

I Love CBC!!















Hey everyone! I hope everyone is doing well back home! Im doing great...gotten a little more used to this schedule we have here. I wanted to thank everyone that made the cards for me! I was sooo excited!! The day I received them I actually woke up sick that morning and wasnt having a good day and when I got home that night I was soo happy to see the letters and read them all. I read them all at least 10 times! :) You guys are awesome!! Well im still learning my Arabic which im doing quite well at if I do say so myself. Were learning to write it and jease louise! that stuff is crazy!! Im also helping lead worship Sunday mornings with singing. I love CBC (Central Baptist Church) I love the kids and the community there. Its so awesome to see how God has all these people from diffrent countries all coming to this one little church. Ive gotten really close to some of the kids and find myself at CBC everynight hanging out with them. Its about a 45 minute drive so im deff stuggling with gas! But its soo worth it for these awesome kids! theres 6 kids we always see. Nehimana,Irradacunda,Desi,Joseph,Bahati and Antoine. There all from Burundi which is a country in Africa between Tanzania and Rawanda. They speak Swahili and Kirundi. a couple of them speak some English but we will go up to there houses and we usually go play soccer...They love that game and there incredible at it! Sometimes American kids from around there will come play with us and they usually get frustrated and quit because they cant keep up with our CBC kids. They have so much fun though and I love seeing how excited they are when we come up there. Its always hard to leave them though. One thing thats so awesome about these kids is they havnt been Americanized. They are so sweet and dont care what people think about them or how they look or trying to be cool. There just them and I love it! You can see such a huge diffrence when American kids come around. They American kids will be yelling and screaming for the ball and get really angry when they miss when the other kids will just always be smiling! I dont know how Im gonna be able to leave CBC...but I gotta trust God and where ever he leads me next year I will follow. But Its gonna be hard if I have to leave these kids! :( I ask that you will also pray for me to find some bibles in Swahili and Kirundi...I've looked everywhere and cant seem to find any! So pray that I cant find some that will be affordable as well. So survival training has been awesome! Last Friday it was poring down rain and Sir Charles said we had to go out make shelter,start a fire,catch a frog for food, and make are own spears. In the rain! It was soo much fun though and we had to catch water to have something to drink we were in the woods for about 7 hours that day. I think thats why we all got sick we were freezing by the end of the day. This past Friday we had to go in the woods and make out own traps to catch animals. It was pretty crazy! We had one called the dead fall and we could of caught a bear with that thing it was awesome! then we had to catch crickets put them on a string tie them to a stick and go fishing. We caught 3 fish too! Well anyways I should go study my Arabic and I have to write 2 1 paged papers on lime disease and Westnile Virus for survival training. But I hope everyone is doing well!! Thanks for your prayers I love you guys!!!
God Bless!

No comments: